Thursday, August 2, 2012

Car Maintenance

I drive a fairly fuel efficient, low maintenance vehicle.  I do this because I have no interest in working on cars.  This is not because I'm a female, but rather because I personally don't like getting greasy and dirty.  I'm like Bob Saget in Full House when I look under the hood.  It's just filthy!  I can't exactly quote him as I've only seen the episode once, but Uncle Jesse scolds him for trying to clean inside the engine when they break down on a family trip to compete at the Tanner family games.

Why do I mention this?  A car says a lot about a person.  I was having a conversation today about bumper stickers and it reminded me of papers I once graded about the same subject.  The papers were a fun subject, "Describe bumper stickers and what they tell you."  Everyone looked up bumper stickers and wrote about politics, religion, and humor.  I was thinking to myself the whole time, I hope someone writes about ironic bumper stickers, like a Go Green! bumper sticker on a Hummer.  However, no one lived up to my expectations and incorporated the cars.

Cars and bumper stickers tell you a lot about a person, so naturally I would think mention of one would lead to the other, especially with bumper stickers as the mention.  Car accessories include many things, but bumper stickers belong primarily to vehicles of transportation.  Take for instance, what type of vehicle does a person drive?

SUV) New generation station wagon, has a lot of space, avoids the family vehicle/mom tag

TRUCK WORK) This truck will lack in body detail and be equipped with improvements to help on the job, including toolboxes, special gating, and trailer hitches.  The person who drives this vehicle is a hard worker, probably doing manual labor for the high pay, so they also either like to live large or support a family.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment